Unprecedented Feedback for Your Next Audition
Plus Cash Awards and Prize Packages for the Winners
Submit your online audition or performance and receive feedback from at least 5 professional CS Music judges.
First Round Deadline: September 8
Submit your application with two video recordings and receive a scored evaluation in 3-4 weeks.
Audience Choice Round: September 20-27
The top 5 singers from each division advance to the Audience Choice Round where there will be live online voting open to the public.
Final Winners Announced: September 29
First Place Winners of each division receive cash prizes and $50 gift certificates for sheet music from Barenreiter Music.
Application Fee: $45
Register for the Feedback Competition on CSmusic.net and follow the instructions on your www.csmusic.net/applications page. You will paste a link of your YouTube clip onto your CSmusic.net application and submit the application for review.
After it is submitted, your application will be reviewed by at least 5 CS Music judges who consist of university faculty, professional voice teachers, and industry professionals. These judges will give each singer a scored evaluation with written feedback as they narrow the field in each category down to 5 singers who advance to the Audience Choice Round. Voting will then be open to the public to select winners of each division.
First Round winners will be announced on September 18, but you can submit your online application any time between now and September 8 and receive feedback in 3-4 weeks (or by September 18).
Audience Choice Round: September 20-25
The top 5 singers from each division will be featured on CSmusic.net where there will be live online voting for one week in September open to the public.
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: September 29
The final winners will be announced on September 29 and winners from each division will receive prize packages from Barenreiter Music, Classical Singer magazine, CS Music, and other sponsors.
RULES and INSTRUCTIONS
- Create an account and register for the competition on CSmusic.net.
- Choose any video recordings of a performance of yours from 2017 or record two new selections. Upload two separate recordings to YouTube.
- Within your application on your CSmusic.net/applications, follow the instructions to paste separate links of your YouTube clips onto your CSmusic.net application.
- Singers can submit a separate application for both classical and musical theatre divisions, but they must pay for each application submitted.
- Video Guidelines:
- Two separate video recordings are required.
- Only recordings from 2017 are accepted.
- Piano accompaniment is recommended.
- Selections should have contrasting styles within the division style.
- Microphones are discouraged.
- No audio-only recordings are accepted.
- Lyrics should be memorized.
- In Classical divisions, art songs and arias are accepted.
- In Musical Theatre divisions, both mix/belt and legit style singing are accepted and judged equally.
For any questions, email email@example.com or call the CS Music office at 877-515-9800.